Faster, simpler digital patterning. 3D to 2D model flattening and patternmaking.
Powerful, Integrated Features That Set a New Productivity Benchmark ExactFlat Design Studio powerfully extends the capabilities of SolidWorks making it a relevant and powerful choice for companies manufacturing sewn products. With ExactFlat Design Studio, manufacturers can now:
- Design and Model in SolidWorks
- Accurately Flatten 3D Surface into 2D Patterns
- Develop and engineer patterns with seam allowances, notches, grain lines, drills, appliques etc.
- Define and associate manufacturing sequences to pattern geometry
- Define and associate costs with materials, pattern geometry, and manufacturing sequences
- Optimize material utilization through marker making and nesting
- Output to cutter, PDM, ERP
By consolidating the essential product development steps of design, 3D to 2D surface flattening, pattern engineering, nesting, costing, and documentation onto a single platform, ExactFlat enables manufacturers to achieve significant productivity improvements. Listed below, are some of the powerful features that ExactFlat users benefit from. If you would like to know more or have any questions, please use the box below.
ExactFlat is software that makes it faster and less complicated to design, develop, prototype, cost and manufacture any products that incorporate composites, industrial fabrics or technical textiles. Integrated with leading 3D CAD packages, it does this by:
- Replacing manual processes with digital processes using Exactflat’s proprietary algorithms.
- Consolidating separate and distinct workflows into one environment on one platform.
- Parametrically linking related tasks so that design changes in one area are automatically reflected in related areas.
Advanced 2D To 3D Flatenning Algorithms
- Automotive & transportation seating and interiors: Seating, steering wheel & shift knob covers, armrests, headliners, carpeting, trunk liners, insulation
- Marine: Seating, canvas bimini tops, covers, boat hulls, sails
- Apparel: Pants, shirts, hats, shoes, gloves, uniforms, technical, compression clothing
- Industrial equipment & technical products: Industrial wraps and covers, industrial linings, military equipment
- Composite products: Boat hulls, automotive parts, turbine blades etc.
- Inflatables: Hot air and weather balloons, industrial balloons, inflatable buildings, inflatable bladders, inflatable marketing products
- Other: Luggage, handbags & accessories, tents, awnings, medical soft goods, film, protective films, graphic wraps, sports equipment, commercial sun shades, signs and banners, displays, body armor, tactical gear, helmets, consumer product and appliance covers, architectural structures, roofing, and more…
ExactFlat is helping leading, innovative manufacturers across a broad spectrum of industries get more done in less time, including:
ExactFlat’s algorithms utilize a proprietary FEA solver refined over 10 years and are made for anisotropic materials formed into complex, non-developable surface geometry.
Powerful Patterning Tools
Visual, intuitive pattern engineering available inside SolidWorks. This video gives an overview of how automated pattern editing tools can offer simplified processes and accelerated cycle times.
Integrated High Yield Nesting
ExactFlat helps designers and engineers get more done, in less time, with lower effort. We have taken advanced industry leading compaction algorithms and embedded them within the SolidWorks CAD environment. We are proud to offer the first marker making and nesting features that are fully parametrically linked to pattern editing tools, and 3D or 2D CAD models.