SEAMLESS DESIGN COLLABORATION
MANAGED ECAD/MCAD CHANGE PROCESS
- Keep everyone on the same page in the design process.
- Instantly push changes to component placement, board shape, and mounting holes and other critical aspects of your designs between Altium Designer and your mechanical designer’s environment with a managed change process.
DESIGN COMMENTING AND REVISION MANAGEMENT
- Always remain in the know about what changes were made to your design and when.
- A detailed comment and revision history show exactly what changes were made to your design with the ability to accept or reject changes instantly.
DESIGN COLLABORATION NETWORK
- Seamlessly communicate and collaborate with your entire design team, regardless of their physical location.
- Store design files on your network and you can collaborate with your team wherever they may be.
INTEGRATED DESIGN DATA
OUTPUT PCB COPPER GEOMETRIES
- Ensure that your boards are efficiently designed and operational with expanded simulation options in your mechanical designer’s environment.
- Open board assemblies with included copper information and perform detailed thermal, vibration, and other simulations in your mechanical environment.
- Get the most precise data to understand your mechanical designer’s original design intent by linking to Parasolid models for enclosures and component models.
- Native mechanical models takes the guesswork out of your 3D clearance checking process, ensuring that your board fits right the first time.
UNIFIED COMPONENT DATA
- Save time when developing components by intelligently linking your electronic and mechanical data for components together.
- By treating components as one connected whole, you can make changes to electronic data or mechanical models and have those changes reflected in either design domain.
DISTINCT WORKFLOWS AND LIFECYCLES
ECAD/MCAD PROJECT COLLABORATION
- Link your mechanical models and electronic data together as a single managed project.
- Push board design changes to and from Altium Designer and your mechanical designer’s environment.
MECHANICAL ENVIRONMENT ECAD PLUGIN
- Your mechanical designers deserve just as much clarity about your design process as you do about theirs.
- Install the SOLIDWORKS PCB Connector plugin in SOLIDWORKS® to intelligently connect your mechanical designer’s environment with yours.
HOW TO BUY
The SOLIDWORKS PCB Connector is available as an extension to Altium Designer and is distributed through CAD MicroSolutions in Canada
Follow the link and complete the form to have a CAD MicroSolutions expert contact you to answer your questions and discuss any of your needs.