One of the top 5 questions that SOLIDWORKS receives is,
“What is the difference between a SOLIDWORKS license and a SOLIDWORKS license with Subscription Services?”
When you purchase SOLIDWORKS software
(SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD (standard/pro/premium)
, SOLIDWORKS Simulation
, SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM
, SOLIDWORKS Composer
, etc.) you are actually purchasing a SOLIDWORKS product license. Your license never expires, so if you purchased SOLIDWORKS 2012 two years ago, you can use it forever.
However, if you want all updates to the software or the new version of the software when it is released each year (usually around October/November), then you will need to purchase Subscription Services with your SOLIDWORKS license.
The advantage to a SOLIDWORKS license with Subscription Services is that you receive software updates automatically through your SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal; subsequently you have the latest and greatest version as soon as new functionality is ready and released. As the software updates become more efficient, you become more efficient too!
Customers of CAD MicroSolutions also receive additional value-added benefits included with their Subscription Services, at no additional cost.
With Subscription, CAD MicroSolutions customers receive:
- All Major SOLIDWORKS Version Upgrades and Service Packs
- Two (2) Levels of Comprehensive Technical Support
Live Support - For issues which require immediate resolution
Ongoing Support - Improve your designs with productivity tips and tricks, coaching, best practices, etc.
- Access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal containing libraries, knowledgebase, FAQs and a vast user community
- Access to exclusive live webinars and CAD MicroSolutions Online Knowledgebase
- Complimentary What’s New Training upon each Version Upgrade (a $400 value)
- Complimentary Access to our MCAD/ECAD Walk-In Clinic Tech Support
- VIP Access to our SOLIDWORKS Launch Events
- Two 2 CSWP Certification Exam Credits per license to become SOLIDWORKS Certified
- Discounts on all training courses
Subscription Services do automatically expire annually, and must be renewed on time to avoid disruptions to your services.
Want to learn more about SOLIDWORKS or get a hands-on trial? Complete our Request More Information Form
and a CAD MicroSolutions Sales Representative will contact you.
For more information on Subscription Services with CAD MicroSolutions
, please email me at email@example.com or give me a call at (416) 775-9715.
Dedicated to your success,
Subscription Services Manager