If you’ve tuned into any of our recent SOLIDWORKS tutorials and webinars, you’ve likely heard us talk about Dassault Systemes’ cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. If you’ve attended any SOLIDWORKS World events in recent years, or most recently 3DEXPERIENCE World in Nashville in February 2020, you’ve certainly gotten to learn a little bit more about it’s capabilities and seen a little of the look and feel of the platform, but we still get asked all the time – what exactly IS the 3DEXPERIENCE platform?
Put simply, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a mixed cloud-based and desktop solution portfolio. It allows you to safely and securely create, store, and manage your product design and manufacturing data throughout the entire product development process. Whether you’re a SOLIDWORKS user or not, it provides a single interactive and collaborative environment that allows you to fully connect with your data and collaborate with your team anytime and anywhere. Whether from the office, your home, a customer site, or overseas travelling, you can access your data anywhere with browser access.
What does this mean for SOLIDWORKS users?
SOLIDWORKS and other desktop products would continue to work on your high-end desktop computer, but your data will be stored in the cloud and synced with the on-premise machines. Cloud-based applications will run in the cloud on any internet connected device. Desktop and cloud-based applications are tightly integrated and provide a seamless, more productive working environment.
What are the main benefits of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform?
With such a robust and constantly-evolving portfolio of apps and products tailored to your specific job requirements, the benefits are different for every user. Here are some of the main advantages of leveraging the platform:
- Quick and easy setup, no expensive servers, no maintenance, no time-consuming upgrades and little to no IT support
- Eliminate VPN access, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Team access to powerful capabilities for design, simulation, data, project and lifecycle management and more
- Unbundled products allow each stakeholder to implement only the tools they need, thereby lowering costs
- Start at a basic level and scale up only to the level you desire
- Create, share and collaborate on designs with your team and discuss ideas with internal or external stakeholders
- Leverage project management tools to create, assign and track tasks and workflows
- All stakeholders can access projects on any internet connected device (design, procurement, production, supply chain, etc.)
To summarize, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a single, flexible, connected ecosystem for your CAD, Data & Project Management and high-end Simulation needs – it allows you to work in the manner that benefits you the most. With SOLIDWORKS and the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, a large portfolio of solutions [CAD, Simulation, PDM/PLM, PM, ERP, CAM, etc.] is available to increase efficiencies in all of your processes and assist in enabling more time for innovation.
Want to learn more? Check out some of our recent on-demand webinars on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform here.
Request a demo here.