SolidWorks 3D Professional
A comprehensive 3D design solution
SolidWorks Professional gives you all the power of SolidWorks Standard with additional capabilities that increase productivity, ensure accuracy, and help you communicate your
design information more effectively.
SolidWorks Professional includes libraries of standard parts and fasteners, tools to automatically estimate manufacturing costs and help convert imported geometry, and utilities that search designs for errors. Realistically render your designs with PhotoView 360 software and then share them with others using eDrawings Professional. SolidWorks Professional also gives you integrated file management tools that securely store all project information and track all design changes. Streamline your design process and increase design productivity with SolidWorks Professional.
Listed below, are some of the powerful features that SolidWorks Professional users benefit from. With the addition of standard part libraries, utilities that will search for design errors, fasteners and tools that will automatically estimate your manufacturing costs, the capabilities are endless. If you would like to know more or have any questions, please use the box below.
SolidWorks 3D CAD software provides libraries of prebuilt 3D CAD models and other CAD data that help accelerate the design process, save time and development costs, and increase productivity.
Design for Cost
Save time and development costs, avoid redesigns, and increase productivity by continuously checking your designs against cost targets with automated manufacturing cost estimation tools fully integrated with SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
CAD Productivity Tools
Speed product development by using a variety of SolidWorks 3D CAD tools designed to help make users more productive. Specific functionality includes:
- Thickness Analysis—Determines thin and thick regions of a part and the thickness of a part within a specified range of values.
- Compare Geometry—Identifies geometric differences between two versions of the same part. This utility identifies unique and modified faces in both parts, and computes the common volume of the two parts (or assemblies) and the volume of material added and material removed.
- Compare Documents—Compares the properties of two SolidWorks documents (including two configurations of the same model). You can compare two documents of the same type or of different types. This utility identifies differences in file properties, document properties, and so on.
- Compare Features—Identifies differences in solid features between two versions of the same part to find unique and modified features in both versions.
- Compare BOMs—Compares bill of material (BOM) tables from two SolidWorks assembly or drawing documents, listing missing columns and rows, extra columns and rows, and failed rows.
- Feature Paint—Copies feature parameters (such as depth, size, and so on) from one feature to others that you select.
- Find and Replace Annotations—Finds and replaces text in a variety of annotations for part, assembly, and drawing documents.
- Find/Modify—Finds a set of features in a part that satisfy specified parameter conditions and edits them in a batch mode.
- Geometry Analysis—Identifies geometric entities in a part that could cause a problem in other applications (such as, finite element modeling or computer aided machining). This utility identifies the following categories of geometric entities: sliver faces, small faces, short edges, knife (sharp) edges and vertices, and discontinuous edges and faces.
- Symmetry Check- Checks automatically for geometric symmetry in parts and assemblies about a plane and identifies symmetrical, asymmetrical, and unique faces. Automatic Symmetry Check reduces a part to its smallest repeatable symmetrical body—especially useful when running analyses using simulation software.
- Power Select—Selects all the entities in a part (edges, loops, faces, or features) that meet defined criteria, which can be specified for edge convexity, edge angle, face color, feature color, feature type, feature name, and surface type.
- Report Manager—Manages reports generated by the Geometry Analysis, Compare Geometry, Compare Features, Compare Documents, Compare BOMs, Symmetry Check, and Thickness Analysis utilities.
- Simplify—Creates simplified configurations of a part or assembly to perform analysis.
CAD Standards Checking
Establish design standards and easily check drawings (or models) with SolidWorks 3D CAD software to create uniform designs and documentation, which speeds up product development, saves time, and increases productivity.
Use powerful eDrawings® software to increase collaboration, accelerate your design process, and increase productivity by easily viewing SolidWorks 3D models and 2D drawings in an email-ready format.
Advanced Design for Manufacturing
Check your design and verify manufacturability of your product early in the development process using SolidWorks 3D CAD, saving time and development costs, improving productivity, and accelerating your time-to-market.
Advanced CAD File Import
Accelerate design, save time and development costs, and increase productivity by converting CAD data into a format that meets your design needs using SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software.
Advanced Photorealistic Rendering
Quickly and easily create sophisticated photorealistic renderings and animations inside SolidWorks 3D CAD with PhotoView 360. You can make powerful images and presentations, saving time, increasing productivity, and accelerating time-to-market.
SolidWorks File Management
SolidWorks PDM Standard in SolidWorks 3D CAD software helps individuals and small workgroups manage project data, control their design revisions, and control access to files, accelerating the design process and increasing productivity.